Philosophy of the Programme
A mechanical engineer is concerned with the design, manufacture, testing and operation of engineering products and systems. To meet these requirements, the philosophy of the programme has been designed to:
- Provide a 5-year degree programme to produce highly qualified mechanical engineer with broad-based knowledge.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and competence in the lattest design and manufacturing techniques.
- Produce graduates that have practical and interdisciplinary skills
- Produce graduates with a high degree of business appreciation and
- Impart good organizational and communication skills.
- Train graduates to develop the art of team work and leadership quality.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide a 5-year programme leading to Bachelor of Engineering degree in
Mechanical Engineering. .
- Enable graduates develop the skills in design and manufacturing required by employers hitherto not readily available locally.
- Produce graduates that combine theoretical knowledge acquired during theprogrammed with practical skills developed during students work experience schemes, industrial training arid final year project to develop a reasonable level of the practical competence required by employers
- Enhance their entrepreneurship skills and technical competence to be self-
employed in consultancy, manufacturing or service industry.
Produce creative and innovative graduates that are socially responsible and
able to communicate effectively.